Make sure you prepare The Bastard for freezing weather:
1. Clean it thoroughly, remove all food residues, open the air slides and remove the cast iron precision top.
This is the best way for The Bastard to breathe.
2. Spray the metal bolts and hinges regularly with WD-40. Check and tighten where necessary.
3. Remove the charcoal in the inner tray.
4. Place a moisture absorber in The Bastard.
5. If any mould has formed on the inside after the winter, this won’t do any harm. Easily resolve this by firing up The Bastard once.
6. Keep tables indoors to prevent mould.