Some sheet steel accessories, like the Carbon Steel Wok, need a little extra attention so you can enjoy them for a really long time!
Before starting to use them, you need to season them. This is how that is done:
- First rinse the pan with hot water and then dry it well.
- Put some oil in the pan, so much that the bottom of the pan is coated with oil.
- Heat the pan until the oil starts to smoke.
- Roll the pan a little so that the oil spreads across the steel. Tip: do be very careful though, you don't want the hot oil to get all over your hands!
- Discard the oil and rub the pan dry with some kitchen paper.
- The pan is now ready for use. If you want to prevent rust, repeat this process occasionally for steel maintenance.